Yes, a full cover spread can be uploaded for paperback and hardback books.
This option is intended for advanced users only (e.g. graphic designers with access to Adobe software).
To upload a cover spread:
It must be in PDF format and set-up as below, with the back cover on the left, spine in the middle and front cover on the right. The file should be a 1 page PDF.
- Upload your file and configure your document
- Configure your cover (select section 4 on the preview & configure page)
- Under 'Cover' select 'Upload a cover design'
- Ensure your cover and spine artwork adheres to the specified dimensions (including spine width and bleed). If your cover spreads does not adhere to the specified dimensions, edit it prior to upload using software on your PC (Adobe InDesign etc.).
- Click the 'Upload full cover' button
- Your cover artwork will be displayed in the 'Cover spread tool'.
- If necessary, scale or adjust the uploaded cover using the tools provided.
- When you are happy with the cover, click 'Save & continue'.
- Configure your cover options and click 'Next'
- Check the 'Cover preview' and click the 'Confirm' button to return to your full document preview and proceed to checkout using the 'go to basket' button
Note: for full access to the Cover Tool feature, please use a desktop or laptop. Functionality is limited on mobile and tablet devices.